Wednesday, June 19, 2013



Well, D day has come and went - Charlie shipped off this afternoon to San Antonio to start his 8.5 weeks of BMT. I'm a bit better than I thought I would be, but then again, I saw him both yesterday before he went to MEPS and then I saw him this morning to watch him swear in. Tomorrow, as Scarlett O'hara said, is another day.

My mind is still filled with anxiety as to what the next couple of months hold. I'm still not able to sleep well and I'm finding myself highly irritated easily due to it. I have a feeling tonight I will collapse from total exhaustion and will sleep like a rock. At least, that's my hope.
I made the hour and a half drive to Lansing this morning to be there to send him off. As we have no family up here, I knew that if I didn't go he would have nobody there for him. It's a decision that I do not regret, even if it meant fussy babies who woke up way to early this morning. I watched my husband swear to the oath to protect this country and saw how proud he stood doing so. I took pictures of him for his scrapbook that I will begin while he is away...Its a gift I want to give to him after he completes both basic and tech school... I was able to get a final kiss farewell, short but well worth it... I cried as I watched as my husband take his final walk and load up on the bus for the airport and knew that it wasn't goodbye but a hello to a new future for our family... I guess 8.5 weeks is a small price to pay for him to have the opportunity to follow his dreams instead of sitting day in and day out as a live in babysitter. He was starting to get cabin fever and was ready to start his career.
I miss him already but I am proud of this decision he had made....He is now officially my Airman, part of something much bigger than our family... Next time I see him, I know that he'll stand even prouder than he did today, his head held high due to the accomplishments he will achieve these next few weeks. We have officially crossed into the blue - here's hoping I see some silver linings while we're there :)


Goodbye my love.. Kick ass, take names, and I'll see you in June. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment