Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Updates

So its been some time since I’ve updated things on here. Charles had graduated from BMT and has moved on to prepare to start tech school. Currently he’s at Keesler AFB where he will start school on July 26th. After 8 weeks of that, he will move on to Sheppard AFB for lord knows how long.
AF Graduation was definitely an experience.  Back in 1998 I attended my ex husbands Basic Training graduation at Fort Jackson. The Army has nothing on the AF when it comes to graduation. I think of all the events, the coin ceremony was probably one of my favorites. Seeing my husband be awarded his coin and to see the emotions that he felt moved me. The Graduation itself was much like what the Army did  but the coin ceremony was a treat.  Spending time with Charles after 8.5 weeks was the highlight of the trip. Walking around San Antonio with my husband looking proud in his uniform and seeing the changes in him made being his wife that much sweeter.
So now I prepare for the next chapter in my life. While he starts school, I begin looking to trying to move into the vicinity of Keesler so that our family can be closer. The idea of months without my husband terrifies me, and I really don’t want to put our marriage through a long separation if not necessary.  For the last 6 years we have always been together. BMT was the first time in those years that we have not shared a bed together. I hate being away from him and figure moving there with the kids is a small sacrifice compared to what he has given up. I don’t want him to miss out on a year of our lives together if we do not have to.
pic7pic4

No comments:

Post a Comment