Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Drama Continues

So, DH's parents called me last night.. This is the first time they have called beyond zero week since he's been gone and I thought something was up. Well, they didn't disappoint me, that's for certain.
I spent the first half the conversation telling them the recent updates on Charles. His mom sounded somewhat interested. About 20 minutes into the conversation, I said I needed to go because the kids were getting cranky.. She says "before you go, I want to ask you something."
So, i spent another 20 minutes (with Ash crying in the background) listening to her trying to give me a guilt trip. SHe kept saying how they wanted to go to DH's graduation and feel horrible for telling him they would go when they can't. Turns out, the Aunt that they have been living with for the past year (rent free mind you) wants them out and they need to find another place to stay. They called another relative, they said outright no. So they tried yet another relative but when they heard the request, they said they would think about it and now won't answer the phone or return calls. (Sounds like a no to me). So, she keeps going on and on to me about how She knows Charles is going to be so disappointed that they aren't going to be able to go because they have to find someplace to live, and if the could only move in somewhere with relatives, they could go and he wouldn't be disappointed. She even tried to say that she thought he would be SOO disappointed that he would flunk out of basic because he would lose sight of why he was there since they couldn't go. As said, major guilt trip.

BUT I stuck to my guns. I never offered my home. I told them that I was buying a copy of the DVD of graduation and would be happy to send a copy of the pictures as well as a copy of the dVD to them. I said that I was sure Charles would be fine - after all, he's a 24 year old man - not a 5 year old who just found out that he's not going to get to go to the zoo..
I mean, even if they were good people who didn't use or manipulate others, it wouldn't be possible. He graduates the end of next month and then he has a little over 3 months for tech school (1 month at Keesler and then 74 days at Vandenberg) and then I'm leaving my apartment and moving on base. Where would they do then, without any job, anywhere to live, ect.. But after the way they treated me last time they came to my home, i just don't need that type of stress in my life.. No thanks. Im already worried enough about Charles making it through BMT. Then, they would hog all my phone time with him, which would be yet another issue.. and I can't stand the brother.. OMG!!

I guess for now, I just sit back and home they don't just show up on my doorstep between now and October.

No comments:

Post a Comment