Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Feel The Burn...

With less than a month go to before hubby is off to Basic training with the Air Force, I decided it was time for me to get my hiney in gear and get in shape as well. I mean, he's going to be getting nice and fit in San Antonio and I don't want to look like a shapeless blob beside him once he's gone.. Plus, I figure if i start now, by the time he's done and I go see him graduate, I'm gonna be alot lighter and alot more toned then I am now - so it will make for a good surprise.. So, I started doing the 30 day Shred with Jullian Michaels. I didn't realize how intense this workout was - I mean, she does workout videos for people who are 400 lbs + through the Biggest Loser. So I figured my fat butt could handle it.. OMG was I wrong.. The first few days kicked my ass.. But, I started realizing I was getting muscles in areas I never had before.. My arms and shoulders are starting to get a bit of definition in them, my calves are starting to develop a really nice heart shape.. I'm feeling great.

The funny thing is, after years of being inactive, I'm wondering why I never did this before now. Much of the misery in my first marriage was listening to my ex tell me how much my body disgusted him.. Even to the point he once told me "I love you but if you get much bigger I'm going to have to find someone else to have sex with because you don't turn me on anymore". I was so depressed with myself that I did nothing about it.. I indeed put on more weight from the time he said that til the time we were divorced (I ended up getting up to about 250 lbs). We divorced and I found a much better guy who loved me the way I was.. 60 lbs lighter, I still have a long way to go, but hey, I'm working on it.

So, I ordered the workout program P90X.. I'm probably out of my mind, I am sure.. I am almost positive its going to completely kick my ass in ways I never imagined.. But I am determined. And I think I am addicted.. Every time I look at the muscle tone I am starting to build, I want to work even harder.. I find myself looking forward to my next workout.. I find myself craving the burn that I feel when I push my muscles just a bit more than I did the last time.. It's an awesome feeling.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to going to my hubby's graduation and not worrying about the guys in his flight looking at me and wondering why the heck my hubby would be with me... but even more than that, I'm looking forward to going to pick up my daughter from my ex (we have shared custody) and watching his jaw drop when I'm down to a size 7 jean.. lol

To everyone reading this, Hope you have a wonderful Easter.. and to those working out - feel the burn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment